5. Reforming the Unreformable by Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala (2012, Politics / Economics) - Nigeria's current Finance Minister shares some thoughts and lessons about the reforms she presided over during the Obasanjo administration.
4. Science, Religion, and the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence by David Wilkinson (General, 2013) - deals with an often overlooked question - what are the theological implications of the possibility of life on other planets? A very engaging and helpful book!
3. Why Nations Fail by James Robinson and Daron Acemoglu (Economics, 2013) discusses precisely what it says on the tin. It offers an "institutions" based explanation for underdevelopment, but clearly a little short on solutions
2. Practising Affirmation by Sam Crabtree (2012, Theology) - explores the role affirmation in spiritual growth. He shows that it is both biblically sound and necessary. He shows the benefit of affirmation, as well how we can become better at affirming others in a God honouring way.
1. Sex and Money by Paul David Tripp (Theology, 2013) - the excellent Paul Tripp brings another practial gem this time focusing on the two issues many Christians struggle with. This is a book to read and re-read!
Copyright © Chola Mukanga 2013